On Thursday, October 18th, 2012, UroMed teamed up with Hollister Incorporated to sponsor the 2012 AAP Pediatric Urology Nurses Specialist Educational Program and Reception in New Orleans, LA.
The Pediatric Urology Nurse Specialists [PUNS] is a professional organization committed to excellence in patient care, clinical practice, and research through the education of its members, patients, family and community. A Pediatric Urology Nurse Specialist is a registered nurse who devotes at least 50% of their time to pediatric urology patients.
During the PUNS reception, attendees enjoyed a full selection of cajun delights while listening to a brief presentation about the service and products provided by Hollister and UroMed, two recognized national leaders in intermittent catheters. The two companies share similar beliefs in their joint commitment to improving patient care, and both offer extremely high standards of service excellence.
Following the reception, attendees benefited from the PUNS conference educational courses below:
- Evaluation and Management of Urinary Tract Infections and Vesicoureteral Reflux in Children: Guidelines and More: Ranjiv Matthews, MD
- Management of the Pediatric Neurogenic Bowel and Bladder: Jean Brown, MS, APRN
- Cecostomy Button with Concomittant Lower Urinary Tract Reconstruction for Continent Enema; Cheryl G. Baxter, RN, CNP, Section of Pediatric Urology, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
- To Study the Factors That Are Associated with SB Patients On CIC Developing UTI; Cheryl G. Baxter, RN, CNP and Kristina Booth, Section of Pediatric Urology, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Urine Cultures Obtained At the Time of Urodynamic Studies: Clinically Useful?; Theresa Meyer, BSN, MS, CPN and Melanie Mitchell, BSN, RNFA, Urology, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Single Centre Experience with Transdermal Oxybutynin Patch for Overactive Bladder In Children; Catherine Daniels, RN(EC), MS, NP-Paediatrics, Abby Varghese, RN, (EC), NP-PHC, Katharine Williams, RN(EC), MN, NP-Paediatrics, Darius J. Bagli, MD, Walid A. Farhat, MD, Martin A. Koyle, MD, Joao L. Pippi Salle, MD and Armando J. Lorenzo, MD, Hospital for Sick Children, Department of Urology, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Sensory Processing Differences and Urinary Incontinence In School Aged Children; Emily T. Cupelli, DNP, RN1, Lori Escallier, RN, PhD1, Nora Galambos, PhD1, Shaolan Xiang, BA1 and Israel Franco, FACS, FAAP2, (1)Pediatric Urology, Stony Brook University & Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, (2)Pediatric Urology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- Pediatric Urology Perioperative Improvement (PUPPI) Project; Sue M. Hadden, BSN, RN1, Kate H. Kraft, MD2, David A. Bloom, MD2, Carla K.Garwood, RN1, Vesna Ivancic2, Sandy Ratliff-Ahmed, RN, BSN1, Julian Wan, MD2 and John M. Park, MD2, (1)Pediatric Urology, University of Michigan Health System, CS Mott Children’s Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI, (2)Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
More continuing education options are available online through Dorland Health and UroMed, using an educational grant from Hollister – see http://www.uromed.com/Clinicians/ContinuingEducation for details.
Member Benefits: Join PUNS by becoming an AFFILIATE MEMBER of the AAP Section on Urology. Section Affiliation offers you a unique opportunity to interact with your medical colleagues – physician urologists, foreign urologists and pediatric urology nurse specialists. As a Section Affiliate, you will receive section mailings, promotional materials and other section information. You will be included in the PUNS Membership Directory (an online version and a print version updated yearly) and on the AAP PUNS listserv® Also, you will receive:
- Subscription to AAP News
The Academy’s monthly newspaper, AAP News is packed with the latest information on general pediatric practice, international child health care, AAP-sponsored programs, and advocacy issues to help keep you abreast of emerging issues in pediatrics.
- Subscription to AAP PUNS listserv®
A networking tool for connecting with fellow PUNS members to inquire, consult and share.
- Section/Council specific informational mailings
Newsletters, meeting notices, and membership rosters.
- AAP Member Pricing
Member prices on AAP publications purchased through the catalog or online bookstore.
- Ability to propose educational programming
for AAP meetings through your affiliated Section or Council.
- Various other discount programs
Discounts on a car rental, discounted travel through ResX.com and the Academy’s travel office, and a credit
card plan with no annual fee.
For more information, you may contact the PUNS membership chairperson, Natalie Plachter at firstname.lastname@example.org OR Kathleen Kuk Ozmeral, Mgr at 847-434-7998 or email@example.com. Learn more at: http://www2.aap.org/sections/puns/
Hollister Incorporated is an independently-owned global company that develops, manufactures and markets healthcare products, servicing over 90 countries. From the earliest days of our company, there has been a strong sense of community—a connection to people. That connection is embedded in the very fabric of our company, and as we continue to develop new products and services, we are focused on meeting the healthcare needs of people throughout the global community.
Headquartered in Suwanee, GA [a suburb of Atlanta], UroMed is one of the nation’s leading providers of single-use catheters, urological and disposable medical supplies, including intermittent catheters, closed system catheters, condom catheters, pediatric catheters and continence care products. UroMed is nationally accredited for Medicare reimbursement and most state Medicaid plans, and partners with private health insurance providers and health plans to provide patients with single-use catheters, catheter kits and incontinence products. UroMed also has six staffed regional offices located in and around the following metro areas: Greenville, SC; Jacksonville, FL; Dallas, TX; Knoxville, TN; Richmond, VA; and Baton Rouge, LA; enabling next-day delivery after a customer’s initial medical supply order. For more information, please visit http://www.uromed.com or call 1-800-841-1233.